Online Dating Safety
Like conventional dating, online dating requires you to use your better judgment to be safe and secure. Here are some dating tips:
1. Be Patient
Don't hurry to meet someone after just a few sweet messages. Get to know them better, at least to the point to feel safe to be meeting them in person. If they truly are into you they will wait until you are ready. Get to know the member through our website before giving them your personal email or phone number. Don't be shy to ask as many questions as you need to help you get to know them more. Make sure to ask the member for the recent photos.
2. Protect your identity
Do not give out any personal information such as your full name, your personal or work address, e-mail, phone number(s) or any other personal information to other members. Even more importantly do not post such information on your profile. Your profile is public information, so don't risk your personal information to get in the wrong hands. Only after you've communicated through our secure email system and are pretty confident about the person you can give him or her your personal email or phone number to take the relationship to the next step.
3. Follow your instincts
Focus on every detail in their messages; if something doesn't add up keep asking more questions. Trust your common sense, if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. If doubt about the integrity of a member, ask an advice of someone close to you or email us your question.
4. You are in charge
Very important thing to remember is that you are in control when talking with members. Do not forget that. You can talk through our site until and if you ready to talk over the phone or meet in person. You can stop your communication at any time and block the member from ever seeing your profile or contacting you.
5. Avoiding sexual assault:
We don't offer criminal background check of new members. However we do manual approval of all new membership applications to detect any possible fraud or false information. Prior to dating you should assume that the person is guilty until proven innocent. During the first few dates we recommend that you have your family members or friends to join. Once you get to know the individual we recommend to keep meeting in public places for a period of three to six months.
When going out on a date, make sure that at least two members of your family or friends know where you will be and time you expect to return. They should contact police if they don't hear from you. Christian Singles Commitments Corp. and its websites (including pentecostalonlinedating.com) is being held harmless against any damages for any rape charges or sexual assaults resulting from dating online.
AT THE MINIMUM WE RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOWING THE TIPS BELOW:
- Suspicious activities such as sexual gestures must be taken seriously.
- Meeting at his or her place is never a good idea unless you are engaged.
- In addition to your mobile phone, carry with you some type of self-defense weapon.
- Do not hesitate to contact police at any time if you are harassed, being solicited or forced in anything against your will.
- Arrive at the place of your date earlier to observe the surrounding activities.
- Prior going out on a date, use the official FBI website to run a search in 50 states to make sure your date in not on a registered sex offenders list:
6. How to spot a possible scammer.
If anyone asks for money, spams your account with solicitations or any peculiar behavior please report them promptly.
How to identify scam:
- If someone contacts you with a sad story that they need money for a family member's medical emergency, or that they need money for an orphanage- this is scam.
- If you get a message offering you compensation for a service from someone that you don't even know - this is scam.
-If someone asks that you send money for visa arrangements, ticket to come visit you, pay for their internet bill, or an urgent surgical treatment or is requesting money for any other reason - this is scam.
- If someone tells you they have inherited a large sum of money and urgently need a bank account to transfer the money into and they trust you íV this is a scam.
- If someone's profile or the message has many grammar errors particularly when his/her profile indicates a solid educational background - this may be a scam.
- When a person quickly tells you that they are in love with you and that you have made a huge impact in their lives especially if they are significantly younger - this is a scam.
- If they state that they must travel overseas to work or build an orphanage in Ghana, Nigeria, or somewhere in Africa - this is a scam.
Remember: The scammer's story could be heartfelt to gain their victims sympathy and affection and eventually money.
How to avoid scam:
- Very simple! NEVER SEND MONEY to anyone you meet over the internet under any circumstance.
- Don't respond to a person who is asking for your personal email or phone number in the first message they send you.
- Use your common sense or ask a friend or family member for an opinion.
Help us identify scammers by reporting them to us.
Remember that any type of solicitation, spam or fraud from an account at Christian is against our policy and will lead to an immediate termination of that account! Please report scam. Reports from our members prove to be the most efficient way to fight it.
How to report a scam:
You can report a member to us by simply:
- Emailing us the scammer's username by using the "contact us" form.
- While viewing the members profile click on the report scam icon.
We continuously monitor and block emails of anyone who uses profanity, solicits for sex or money, sends out spam, or commits fraud.
Married? Criminal? Solicitor? Scammer? Christian Singles is a Christian site. Married people, sex offenders, solicitors and spammers are not allowed to join this site and will be reported to the applicable State and US District Attorney Office in Washington DC and Interpol in London. If the unwanted member is from another Country, s/he will be reported to the local authorities.
We are a safe site. Our approval/admission process of new members may take up to two days (48 hours) to block unwanted members from joining this site. Our members communicate and report any unusual activities. If you are Married, a Criminal, a Solicitor or a Scammer, it is just a matter of time for us to reveal your identity.